A paragraph in a normal sense is what brings proper arrangement to a write up in other to navigate through easily and point which tends to help, but the definition does not end this way.
A paragraph is a section of thought or thinking containing a group of related
sentences and bringing out one central idea. For a paragraph, it is expetant that it should only carries one ice though there may be some other supporting ideologies but maybe that could be towards the ending paragraph or middle and any how the case may be.
Etymologically, the term “paragraph” is traceable to two Greek words, ‘para‘ meaning ‘beside‘ and ‘graphein‘ meaning to ‘write’. As at then they it is use to represent by writing on a margin of the script, but as time goes on identification was introduced and up till now still in use. And so for this reason paragraph should be seen as a punctuation device.
Types of paragraph
There are four main types of paragraph that we are going to discuss in today’s article, this are:
- Introductory paragraph
- Summary paragraph
- Transitional paragraph
- Developmental paragraph
- Introductory paragraph: merely looking at that we can guess or probably know the answer of this, when you talk about introduction, it is the initial and the commencement of the start point of thing, so now how can it be possible to make your introduction catchy, you already know that the introductory paragraph sustains the interest of the reader, it can be through the use of striking statement with which the use of familiar quote to get the attention of your readers. You take sage and appropriate sayings that you yourself thinks it will convince you had it been you had it from someone, for instance writing on the topic “indiscipline in the society” for this, your introductory paragraph will be something like “ as it is that no one will bypass the family into the society and charity begins at home”
- You can make use of anecdotes in order to stimulate interest
- Use of questions: an introductory paragraph sometimes might take the use of rhetorical question, rhetorical question is a type of question you ask that does not requires a loudable answer by any audience, it is often answered directly. The topic given earlier “indiscipline in the society “ can start with questions like: what do we understand by the term “indiscipline”? – what are the cause of indiscipline? What are the solution for this problems?
- Expression before commencing your view: a speaker or a writer might just starts his/her paragraph with. still on the topic ” indiscipline in the society” the writer might begins the expression with, “had it been the military coup hadn’t happen in 1966 January 15, hadn’t been the so call democrat did not embezzled money in 1979….” From here the writer then starts his/her point.
- Make summary of what has been said
- Stress more one idea in the write up.
- Use a illustrative or a descriptive story that could image in the mind of the reader.
- Use of quotation to highlight some cogent point.
- You can define idea or topic or concep (this type is usually use in expository writing)
- You can present reason for supporting or opposing a particular topic or opinion may be sited and presented
- You can answer a question placed out by the topic sentence
- You can present statistical evidence to support or refute assertion made in a topic sentences.
- Using comparison and contrast- comparing and or contrasting another situation with one to which the reader is familiar
- Unity: unity is the proper associations the words used in a paragraph has or have, a writer should always tailor his/her thought flow so as not to deviate from the main idea being expresses. Using irrelevant and verbosity can make one lose the unity in a paragraph, a writer that sees the sentence association clearly does not likely to have much problem with unity.
- Coherence: this goes with correlation of words, the paragraph and paragraphs has to follow each other in an orderly and logical sequence, there should be no much trouble or problem for if one could follow the proper coordination of words in the sentences.
- Variety: This is to avoid boredom which may result from monotonous usage, attempt should also be made to vary the type of sentences, tone and length to give room for variety.
- Concreteness: this is the use of concrete and vivid illustration that could capture the mind of the reader, direct quotation and supporting data to buttress argument and makes the writeup, essay or anything you are writing more interesting and appealing.
- Emphasis: this stress the idea of putting the central idea of the write up either in the first paragraph or at the end, so as not to seen the most important point as trivial.
constantly i used to read smaller posts that also clear their motive, and that is also
happening with this post which I am reading at this place.
I think this is among the most important info for me.
And i’m glad reading your article. But wanna remark on few general
things, The site style is ideal, the articles is really great : D.
Good job, cheers
THANKS ALOT DEAR, CHEERS
These are genuinely wonderful ideas in regarding blogging.
You have touched some good points here. Any way keep up wrinting.
Its like you read my thoughts! You appear to grasp so much approximately this, such as
you wrote the e book in it or something. I think that you could do with some percent to force the message house a
little bit, however instead of that, that is great blog.
An excellent read. I will certainly be back.
Thanks for finally writing about > Paragraph, types of paragraph and qualities of a good paragraph – HOME OF INFORMATION < Liked it!
It’s truly a nice and helpful piece of info. I am happy that you simply shared this helpful
info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.
Thanks in favor of sharing such a pleasant opinion, article is good, thats
why i have read it entirely